One of the gifts of a regular yoga practice is becoming aware of and learning about your own body. As you breathe and move through the various postures you will begin to uncover areas that may feel tight or stuck or just out of balance. These areas can benefit from therapeutic touch. In addition, the combination of yoga and massage is especially effective in relieving chronic neck, back, and hip pain and preventing the recurrence of pain by addressing the underlying structural cause. Massage can relieve stress and tension as well as physical discomfort. It’s a great way to help restore and renew the body, mind and spirit.
Yoga and massage complement one another exceptionally well. Yoga lengthens and strengthens muscles while massage realigns muscle fibers and restores myofascial tissue back to a healthy state.
This customized massage is both therapeutic and relaxing, using the right amount of pressure for each individual.
A wonderful, memorable side-by-side pampering experience for both of you in a warm inviting atmosphere. Great for a Girl’s Day Out, Mom and Me, Forever Friends and, of course, couples!
All massages are by appointment only.
For more information or appointments, please email Violette.
Please note: Credit card information is required to book all massage appointments. Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled massage. Cancellations less than 24 hours in advance will be subject to a $35 cancellation fee. If you do not call and do not show up for your appointment, the full amount of the scheduled massage will be charged to your credit card.
Massage is therapeutic, relaxing and rejuvenating. Receiving massage can also be informative, helping you to become more aware of imbalances in your body. Every session includes an assessment before and after your massage to determine pressure preferences and areas of the body that need attention. Each massage is completely customized.
By calling the body’s natural desire to become balanced through stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system, the receiver will enjoy true restoration and renewal.
• The massage therapist will ask preliminary questions to determine your overall health and your desired results from massage therapy.
• The massage therapist will consider information about your physical condition, medical history, lifestyle, stress levels, medications and any areas of physical pain that could affect your massage therapy outcome.
• Before your massage, you’ll be asked to remove clothing to your level of comfort.
• The therapist will leave the room while you undress. Take off only as much as you are comfortable removing.
• Lie on the massage table, underneath the provided sheet or towel, which will cover your body except for the part being massaged.
• Music is played during your massage session. If you find music distracting, let your massage therapist know your preferences.
• It is usually more relaxing if talking is minimal.
• Your massage therapists will check in about pressure and comfort throughout your session. If you’re uncomfortable at any time, let your massage therapist know.
• The massage table is padded, and may have extra attachments or cushions, such as a face cradle, which allows you to lie face down without turning your head or neck.
• The massage therapist uses oil or lotion, which reduces drag on the skin while performing the massage. If you’re allergic to oils or lotions, tell your massage therapist before your massage begins.
• Depending on your needs, the massage therapist will massage either the full body (except for private areas) or only specific areas that need attention, such as especially tight muscles.
• After your massage, the massage therapist will allow you to slowly get up and get dressed in privacy. Usually your massage therapist will offer you water after you’re dressed.
• Depending on the environment, tips are appreciated to recognize outstanding service, but not required.
• The therapeutic effects of massage are cumulative, so talk with your massage therapist about a recommended treatment plan to meet your health and wellness goals.
Reiki is a holistic method of energy medicine, which quickens and aids healing on all levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Considered Complimentary Medicine in the U.S., it promotes relaxation, lessens pain, reduces stress, and increases energy. Reiki has been known to foster intuition and awareness, create inner harmony and peace, and promote vitality in both the giver and the receiver.
Reiki originated in Japan and was developed by Dr. Mikao Usui in the early 1900’s. Reiki-(pronounced ray-key): the literal Japanese translation for Rei is ‘universal spirit’, and ki is ‘life force energy’. Reiki means universal life force energy. Reiki is NOT a religion.
Energy Medicine is based on the premise that the human body is composed not only of structural and biochemical dimensions, but also of a subtle energy dimension which acts as an invisible blueprint for one’s health and wellbeing.
By using gentle, noninvasive techniques, Reiki practitioners can coax subtle energies to flow in more optimal ways thereby relieving physical and emotional discomfort and accelerating the healing process.
Our bodies are designed to heal themselves. These energies form the foundation of health.
Recipients generally report a feeling of calm and deep relaxation, which promotes restorative sleep after a treatment. A full Reiki treatment can last an hour to an hour and a half. The recipient is fully clothed and reclining comfortably on a massage table or a chair. The practitioner gently places his or her hands on, or just above, the recipient for 2-5 minutes in each designated position.
Recipient should wear loose or comfortable clothing with nothing binding. It is also best to remove any metal, such as jewelry, belts, and watches prior to the session. Sometimes during a session the recipient’s temperature drops and a light blanket may be necessary.
After a session it is recommended to drink plenty of water and plan to rest for the remainder of the day. The body experiences energetic shifts and the release of blockages. As the body adjusts to a more balanced way of being mild, transient flu like symptoms may become present. This is encouraging, as it indicates the release of built up negative energetic ways of being.
Please note: Credit card information is required to book all reiki appointments. Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment. Cancellations less than 24 hours in advance will be subject to a $35 cancellation fee. If you do not call and do not show up for your appointment, the full amount of the scheduled appointment will be charged to your credit card.