Regular attendance of these classes offers a great way to achieve inner focus, increased flexibility, improved circulation, more energy and the ability to feel relaxed and rejuvenated. You will experience a strong healthy body, peaceful mind and illuminated spirit.
You may purchase a single class at the studio, or multiple class passes here.
- Bring a yoga mat, dress in comfortable, loose-fitting clothing, and avoid perfumes.
- Plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before class, or 15 minutes before if it is your first time to the studio.
- Remove shoes and belongings and place in storage cubes prior to entering studio.
- Please remember to turn off cell phones and leave valuables at home.
- Practice is more effective when heavy meals are avoided prior to practice.
- Speak quietly in the practice room. Loud conversations can be distracting to yourself and others. We support and value the building of community, and encourage socializing in the lobby before and after class. Join your classmates there for a cup of herbal tea.
- Please let the instructor know if there are any physical challenges that influence your practice.
- Make room for others. Be open to adjusting your space so everyone has room to practice.
- Create an intention. To help you focus, you might find it helpful to dedicate your practice to a certain intention. This might be to become more aware, understanding, compassionate, healthy, strong, or skillful. Or it might be for the benefit of a friend, a cause or even yourself.
- Stay until the end of class. Yoga is a holistic practice. Exercise increases heart rate and bood pressure, and brings blood flow away from organs to skeletal muscles. Relaxation brings heart rate and blood pressure back to normal and returns blood flow to the organs. Final relaxation and integration bring deep healing, balance and equilibrium.
- Remember, there is no competition or judgment in Yoga, and the practice changes from day to day.