Yoga and massage complement one another exceptionally well. Yoga lengthens and strengthens muscles while massage realigns muscle fibers and restores myofascial tissue back to a healthy state.
At Red Sun Yoga, our licensed massage therapists offer several different types of massage.
This customized massage is both therapeutic and relaxing using the right amount of pressure for each individual. From head to toe, your body will experience total relaxation and rejuvenation.
This massage is designed to bring you back to feeling stable, grounded and calm. Think of a tree, the roots sink into the ground and the limbs of the tree reach up and out. The more the tree roots itself into the earth, the more stable it is. Its strength allows it to flex and bend with the winds. The massage will focus on the hand, neck, hands and feet with the combination of sandalwood aroma and warm jojoba oil.
Drift off into deep relaxation with lavender infused oil that provides a light scent to calm the mind along with a full body massage that uses long flowing strokes and light pressure to improve circulation and ease muscle tension while relaxing the body. A must to escape from daily stress and rejuvenate the body and mind.
During this massage, specific muscle groups are stretched to soothe or invigorate targeted muscles before or after sports activity. This massage helps to accelerate the body’s recovery time with a combination of Arnica oil to reduce inflammation and swelling. Also incorporates facilitated stretching to increase your range of motion for peak performance.
A full body detoxification. A Lymphatic Drainage Effleurage Massage designed to stimulate the lymphatic system, flushing toxins promoting a balanced more efficient immune system. This treatment uses a combination of green tea and lavender. The green tea jojoba oil draws out impurities while lavender essential oil provides cleansing, balancing, and healing properties. A lymph drainage facial massage detoxifies the skin from impurities, improving its overall tone and texture.
Helps to heal, regenerate and condition skin, leaving it beautifully smooth and hydrating. Rose essential oil is a mood enhancing agent also known to be very nourishing for skin especially dry, sensitive, or mature skin. Lavender essential oil is relaxing, antiviral, antimicrobial, and antibacterial. These two essential oils combined along with avocado oil rich in vitamin E and relaxation massage provide absolute hydration to the body.
Increases circulation, reduces headaches, and neck tension: Aromatic oil is applied to the scalp to promote healthy follicles and increase circulation. Scalp massage, using a range of pressure that will relax the mind, may release tension on the neck and shoulders and encourage a sense of well being.
Thai Yoga Massage:
Often called assisted yoga, a series of postures are administered passively by the practitioner.
Our Couples Massage:
A wonderful, memorable side-by-side pampering experience for both of you in a warm inviting atmosphere. Great for a Girl’s Day Out, Mom and Me, Forever Friends and of course couples!
All massages by appointment only.
The combination of yoga and massage is especially effective in relieving chronic neck, back, and hip pain and preventing the recurrence of pain by addressing the underlying structural cause.
Receiving massage can also be informative, helping you to become more aware of imbalances in your body. Every session includes an assessment before and after your massage to identify patterns of myofasical dysfunction and to track improvements. During the assessment, you’ll find out how inflexibility in a particular area can cause pain in another part of the body and also learn simple steps that you can take to reduce everyday stress and tension.
By calling the body’s natural desire to become balanced through stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system, the receiver will enjoy true restoration and renewal, a tranquility of the mind that can last throughout the day and onward.
Please note: Appointments must be canceled at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled massage. Any appointments canceled after this may be subject to a cancellation fee and/or charged the full amount of the service.
All of Red Sun Yoga’s therapists are fully licensed (MM 25225).
Questions about Massage:
Here is some information on what you can expect during a typical massage session.
- The massage therapist will ask preliminary questions to determine your overall health and your desired results from massage therapy.
- He or she will assess your needs and explore your motivation in getting massage, including your health and wellness goals.
- The massage therapist will consider information about your physical condition, medical history, lifestyle, stress levels, medications and any areas of physical pain that could affect your massage therapy outcome.
- The information will help the massage therapist structure the session to achieve your health and wellness goals.
- Before your massage, you’ll be asked to remove clothing to your level of comfort.
- The therapist will leave the room while you undress and remove any jewelry or other articles that might interfere with the massage. Take off only as much as you are comfortable removing.
- Lie on the massage table, underneath the provided sheet or towel, which will cover your body except for the part being massaged.
- Music might be played during your massage session. If you find music distracting, let your massage therapist know your preferences. The same goes for talking during your session.
- Your massage therapists should check in about pressure and comfort throughout your session. If you’re uncomfortable at any time, let your massage therapist know.
- The massage table is padded, and may have extra attachments or cushions, such as a face cradle, which allows you to lie facedown without turning your head or neck.
- The massage therapist may use oil or lotion, which reduces drag on the skin while performing the massage strokes. If you’re allergic to oils or lotions, tell your massage therapist before your massage begins.
- Depending on your needs, the massage therapist will massage either the full body (except for private areas) or only specific areas that need attention, such as especially tight muscles.
- Remember to breathe normally.
- Table massage sessions usually last beween 30 and 90 minutes.
- After your massage, the massage therapist will allow you to slowly get up and get dressed in privacy. Usually your massage therapist will offer you water after you’re dressed.
- Depending on the environment, tips are appreciated to recognize outstanding service, but not required.
- The therapeutic effects of massage are cumulative, so talk with your massage therapist about a recommended treatment plan to meet your health and wellness goals.
What is deep tissue massage?
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness, and sore shoulders. The movement is slower and the pressure is deeper and concentrated on areas of tension and pain.
How does deep tissue massage work?
When there is chronic muscle tension or injury, there are usually adhesions (bands of painful, rigid tissue) in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Adhesions can block circulation and cause pain, limited movement, and inflammation. Deep tissue massage works by physically breaking down these adhesions to relieve pain and restore normal movement. To do this, the massage therapist often uses direct deep pressure.
What Is homeostasis and how does massage effect it?
Homeostasis is when your body is in balance. Massage helps improve circulation, lymph flow, calm your muscular and nervous system, and helps balance your hormones. All of this helps your body bring itself back into a state of balance. Muscles that are in spasm will be painful to the touch. The pain is caused by ischemic muscle tissue. Ischemia means the muscle is lacking proper blood flow, usually due to the muscle spasm. This in turn creates the following undesirable process: Because the muscle is not receiving enough blood, the muscle is also not receiving enough oxygen The lack of oxygen causes the muscle to produce lactic acid The lactic acid makes the muscle feel sore following physical activity. After the muscle is relaxed through massage therapy, the lactic acid will be released from the muscle, and the muscle should start receiving enough blood and oxygen.