Private Meditation Session
Meditation can help us to experience inner peace and balance and also help us to understand our own mind. We can learn how to transform our mind from negative to positive, from disturbed to peaceful, from unhappy to happy. Overcoming negative minds and cultivating constructive thoughts is the purpose. For many, this is a profound spiritual practice that you can enjoy throughout the day, not just while seated in meditation. For others, daily meditation has been scientifically proven to increase the quality of life and longevity. And for a growing number of people, meditation is about reducing stress. Research shows that meditation may be beneficial for reducing the symptoms of anxiety, depression, stress, high blood pressure and heart disease.
The one-hour individualized private meditation lesson gives you the opportunity to learn meditation techniques that will assist you in developing your own meditation practice. You will learn how to use the breath while focusing the mind to gain a sense of renewed calm, happiness and peace.
The benefits of a regular meditation practice include:
Psychological Benefits of Meditation
- Decreased anxiety.
- Decreased depression.
- Decreased irritability and moodiness.
- Greater creativity.
- Improved learning ability and memory.
- Increased focus and concentration.
- Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
- Increased happiness.
- Increased emotional stability.
Physiological Benefits of Meditation
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Lowers heart rate.
- Reduces insomnia. Better sleep by lowering heart rate and reducing work load of the heart.
- Lowers stress. Lowers levels of cortisol and lactate – two chemicals associated with stress.
- Reduction of free radicals – unstable oxygen molecules that can cause tissue damage.
- Higher skin resistance. Low skin resistance is correlated with higher stress and anxiety levels.
- Lowers cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is associated with cardiovascular disease.
- Improved air flow results in easier breathing. Very helpful for asthma patients.
- Slows down the aging process.
I enjoy being able to share the practice of meditation with others. I began practicing meditation in 1984 in Boulder, Colorado using transcendental meditation. My teacher was a student of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who was a guru to the Beatles and promoted world peace. My practice has evolved over the years from a formal TM style to a more informal practice that includes daily mindfulness. Teaching individuals the techniques of being mindful in their every day lives by using meditation to reduce stress and anxiety and regain a sense of calm and peace is what I love to pass along. – Joni Giconi, RYT
See pricing information.
For more information or appointments, please complete our contact form or call 321-438-0771.